Nanny Placement and Referral Agency
National Trade Associations
There are two national trade associations for nanny placement and referral agencies. The
oldest is the International Nanny Association (INA) which includes nanny agencies, nanny
training programs, and nannies themselves as members, working together to promote the professionalism
of the in-home child care industry. The Association of Premier Nanny Agencies (APNA) is a
nationwide association of nanny placement agencies. Affiliation by an agency with one or both
of these associations speaks to the commitment on the part of the agency to professional
development and overall professionalism. Brief profiles of the associations follow.
There is one national professional association for nannies, the National Association for Nanny Care. NANC is a non-profit, educational organization dedicated to promoting excellence in nanny care.
HomeWork Solutions Inc. (4nannytaxes.com) is proud to be a supporter and member in good standing of each of these associations.
National Association for Nanny Care (NANC)
P.O. Box 23387
Federal Way, WA 98093
202 318-9156 / Phone
815 366-9765 / Fax
NANC is currently working to:
- To raise the overall quality of nanny care.
- To raise the public�s awareness of the nanny as a childcare professional.
- To provide real world guidelines regarding hiring practices, working conditions, and compensation for nannies.
- To maintain an inclusive, responsive professional organization that represents the needs of all segments of nanny profession.
- To develop and maintain a comprehensive 3 tier nanny credential system built on research-based, generally accepted standards of care and essential core knowledge areas. Also, to support the individual nanny in her pursuit of credentialing.
- To promote the credentialed nanny as the standard for in-home childcare providers.
International Nanny Association (INA)
P.O BOX 1299
Hyannis, MA 02601
(Toll Free) 888.878.1477
The INA is a non-profit professional organization for the in-home child care industry. Members
include nannies, nanny placement agency staff and owners, nanny educators and individuals
who provide special services to the industry.
Association of Premier Nanny Agencies (APNA)
The Association of Premier Nanny Agencies is a professional membership organization for serious business owners who establish and enforce standards of professional industry practices. The Association of Premier Nanny Agencies is formed to promote a high level of standards, professionalism, and ethics in the industry. APNA publishes a code of ethics and standards of ethical practice.
The APNA is comprised of agency owners with years of experience in the child care
placement business. To become a member of the Association of Premier Nanny Agencies, a
business must pass a review of their practices. Those agencies which run their businesses
in a manner consistent with our code of "best practices" are invited to become members of APNA.
©1996-1999 A NaniNet, Inc, The USA's Premier Resource for In-Home Childcare. All Rights Reserved.